PBGS Case Study
“The ISSA certification process was certainly an informative and positive experience,” said John Lawter, PBGS Associate Director. “It reinforced our beliefs in what we feel we are doing right, as well as identified areas for improvement. It was a nice opening act to our next round of strategic planning.”
Building Services provides cleaning services to University of Michigan administrative and academic buildings on campus and in the area. We service over 13 million square feet of floor space in over 250 buildings. Building Services employs over 400 people consisting of custodial, pest management, support, administrative and managerial staff.
Our mission is to maintain the facilities to provide a sanitary, safe and pleasant environment for the University of Michigan's students, faculty, staff and guests.
- To achieve the highest standard of customer service by forming a partnership with our customers.
- To provide a work environment where participation and creativity are encouraged.
- To be a department where all employees are treated with respect and honesty.
- To be nationally recognized as a leader in custodial services.
- To continue to support an effective diverse working environment.
- To encourage staff to reach their full potential by providing opportunities for self development.
- To provide staff training to establish uniform standards and policies.
- To develop resources to provide staffing levels and cleaning standards that enhance customer satisfaction.
Learn More About Plant Building Services!
Take a moment to learn more about the role cleaning has in the University's mission and Building Services' commitment to healthy spaces.
Content modified: Mar 6, 2014